Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's a Flop!

Hello and Happy Tuesday.  My husband doesn't work on Monday, so instead of just two days to enjoy the weekend we get three. (normally, but not always).  We had quite a busy day yesterday. We were out of the house by 6:15 a.m. We went to breakfast after taking care of our first piece of business and then we ran some more errands and along the way we discovered Hotel Liquidation, a store that sells items that used to be in hotel rooms.  They had all kinds of stuff and I saw a really nice desk that would look good in my house but that item hadn't been priced yet because they just got it in so I couldn't buy it. My husband was interested in the little hotel safes. They also had orange juice glasses, coffee cups, lamps, tables, chairs, sofas, art, mirrors, pedicure sinks, poker tables, etc.  It was kind of cool and the items were fairly priced.  Well, this isn't what my post is about so I will get on with it.  

A couple of weeks ago I was at Michael's shopping for who knows what and I saw these dispensers for organizing washi tape. I have a lot of washi tape which I all ready have organized in a drawer but I thought the dispenser would make it easier to view the tapes and tear off the amount that I need . WRONG!
Take a look at this dispenser.


It came in a two pack.


Honestly this dispenser sucks big time. Forgive me for using a computer term, but it's not user friendly at all.
There's more of a chance of cutting myself than cutting the tape.


Over or under, that is the question that not only applies to toilet paper but to washi tape too.
It probably would work a little better if it was under but it doesn't matter to me because I hate this thing.
I wasted my money on this gadget and now it's just going to the goodwill store because I will not use it.

Here's how I previously and currently have my washi tapes organized.
It might be old school, but hey, I am getting up there in age.


A plastic three drawer stackable that sits on my desk and which I believe cost less than the washi tape dispenser.


AND I can fit more tapes into the drawer than I can onto the dispenser.


I also keep other stuff in the drawers like glue sticks.


Miniature washi tapes and ink pad.

So I urge you all to not waste your money on washi tape holder/dispenser.
It's a flop in my book.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is a really stupid place to put the cutting blade. I saw a post on Pinterest that suggested using an empty aluminum foil box for Washi tape. I haven't tried it myself, but it does look like it might work, it would just be really long.