Wednesday, April 17, 2013

From Russia With Love

Oh my goodness, I've let some time go by in between posts.  I could say that life happened, but then I'd be saying what everyone else says when they start slacking. The truth is that life happens everyday. Whenever I read a blog, go shopping, receive an unexpected invitation, get hit with bad news, or write a blog post, that's my life-happening. It may not be exciting, but it's my life. So really the only thing to say about not blogging is that I got lazy. Pure and simple. Maybe I was being entertained happily by the TV or spending too much time driving around listening to my latest audiobook. It doesn't matter. No excuses. I'm here now, and I'm writing. And now, I'm sharing all the love I have received in my mailbox over the past week or so. It's been good. This is my life happening. Enjoy!

 I'm going to start with a Postcrossing from Russia.
 
 
Oops! I think I may have put it in upside down.
 
The sender writes:
Hello, Bewitched JarieLyn!
I like your smiling eyes!
You're so pretty!
My name is Helga, I'm from Russia.
I adore drawing & singing, I love to cook some yummy dishes, play the piano.
I'm not very [attentive] person, that is why you should now read this card upside down. :)
Sorry! Still I hope you like it. :)
I love to dream, love the night, the magic of the colorful nature.
I also love everything that deals with paranormal things, always did.
The truth is out there you know. :)
I love to go to the summer trade fair to find some wonderful crystals & stones and some Celtic medallions :)
I love cats, there was a time when in my house there were like dozen of various images, calendars and statuettes of these gorgeous creatures.
My classmates (I was 8 or 9 then) thought I worshiped them. :)
That was funny.
I've never liked dogs too much but now I do, :) especially husky, German Shepherd, & American Eskimo Spitz.
Though it is no matter, cause dogs, every single one are amazing with their joy & love.
Have a great day.
Helga.
 
Isn't that just the most wonderful note on a postcard that you've ever heard?
Well, it may not be wonderful to you but is sure is to me.
 
 
A wonderful letter from Patt.

 
This is from my swap partner for notecard swap #2.
So many colorful and pretty cards.
 
 
A nice letter from Mariska.
 
 
A cute ferret from my swap partner for Make a Postcard #1.
I think ferrets are very cute critters.
 
 
An old fashioned letter from Rachel who wrote this at a letter writing social with the founders of Letter Writers Alliance.
How cool is that?
 
 
A letter from L.R.
 
 
A thank you card from Rachel.
What a cute card and matching envelope.
 
 
I received a tube package in Saturday's mail.
Inside the tube was this:
 
 
And this:
 
 
The glass straw is from Limner.
At first I wasn't sure if it was for decoration or for actual use in a drink.
I did not see the note she wrote until just a few minutes ago.
So, I now know that I am to drink my tea with the glass straw.
I'll do my best.
Thank you Limner, that was very sweet of you.
 
 
A nice letter form Kari.
 
I was definitely spoiled this week with great mail.
 
Here's what went out:
 
 
An official Postcrossing traveling to Seaside Park, NJ.
 
 
This one made it safely to its destination and I already got a reply which is shown above in Kari's letter.
 
 
A Pen pal letter going to Germany.
 
 
A letter to Angie.
 
 
An official Postcrossing going to the Netherlands.
 
 
A pen pal letter just went out this afternoon.
 
 
An official Postcrossing going to Germany.
 
That's it for the mail.
 
What's going on in your mail world?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



3 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

What a lot. And I know what you mean about life getting in the way but I'm not sure that not blogging is necessarily laziness. Just a question of priorites. And maybe watching the tv is what you need at that moment to recharge your batteries.

I agree with Helga about your smiling eyes, of course!

Rissies Personal Blog said...

Wow, it is a lot! But what a nice mail you've got and send out! :) Really loved it all!
And I'm very happy to see my letter reached you safely. Now just one card needs to be reached I guess. It was a bit of a vintage card... Or have you already received it? I've sent it before your letter (http://rissiesmailbox.blogspot.nl/2013/04/outgoing-mail-of-wednesday-april-3-2013.html#comment-form)

Hugs

Anonymous said...

It's disconcerting to see one's own handwriting in a blog post. The writing looked familiar. I thought I recognized from letters I get from pen friends. Scratching my head and squinting to see these dang numbers.

Use a straw. Save some trees. :D