Thursday, April 18, 2013

One In, A Ton Out, and A Proper Name

Hello friends!
It's a sunny day here in Las Vegas, NV.
I just got back from the gym.
What?
Oh, you thought I meant I just got back from working out.
BUHAAAAAH!
Actually, I haven't been in over a year and I forgot my member number so I obtained my number along with a ten day pass so my endermologist can come with me and get my butt in gear.
She's offered to be my personal trainer for a day.
For Free!
To be honest, I'm a little scared that she's going to over work me and I'll die of a heart attack.
So, if you don't see any posts within ten days, you'll know what happened.
 
Now, on with the mail.
I only got one Postcrossing today.
 
 
From the Netherlands.
The sender writes:
Hello JarieLyn,
I'm liesbeth from Amstelveen Holland.
I like flowers and work in a flower shop.
I like my garden and the little birds in it.
Best wishes,
Liesbeth.
 
Picture perfect for today's weather.
 
I worked hard today on my outgoing mail.
 
 
An official Postcrossing on the way to Poland.
 
 
A small gift for my beautiful sister.
 

 
Tucked inside this envelope is the Adventures of The Traveling Postcard R7 swap.
I also included a few extra items with a French theme for the recipient.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
That's The end of Thursday's mail.
 
On another note, a pen friend asked me how I pronounce my name.
It never occurred to me that many of you probably don't know how to pronounce it.
It's something I have taken for granted and now I'm aware.
First, the spelling is quite different than most with the same name.
My first name is Jarie, pronounced Jerry. ( I was named after my dad)
My middle name is Lyn, pronounced just as it is spelled.
I don't like being called Jerry. It makes me feel too masculine.
So, put the two together and say Jarie Lyn. (Jerry Lynn)
It's a bit more southern sounding which I like because my heart belongs in the south, even though I've never lived there.
 
How were you pronouncing my name?
I'm curious to know.
 
I've been called sherry, terry, jerry, and numerous other pronunciations.
 
 
 


6 comments:

lynn said...

Yay! Had it right. That is exactly how I thought it was pronounced.

Scriptor Senex said...

Oops - all this time you've been JarryLyn to me. I shall have to do a mental re-take every time I think of you until I've got JerryLyn established in my mind.

Unknown said...

had it right! (wink wink) lol

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I love the tulip card. Here in Holland was the flower parade today. Normally we use tulips and other flowers from our own country. But by the cold our Dutch spring flowers don't blooming. Therefore we had to buy daffodils from France :-)

Love the other pictures too.

TTBishop said...

I've been calling you Jairy (rhymes with airy!)-Lyn all this time! Maybe it's how I'd say "Jerry" if I had a southern accent. :-)
I *LOVED* your letter and all the photos. I wrote you back...mailing out tomorrow. :-)

Rissies Personal Blog said...

Got your lovely letter yesterday! So sorry I couldn't let you know sooner. But it arrived safely and I'll try to reply to you soon, but this weekend my friend is also coming over. I do try to send your letter out next week! :)
Hope in the meantime you've also received my card.
Hugs