Wednesday, March 5, 2014

All About Me.... ABC Journal

Hello friends!  It's been one of those days. You know, one of those days where you can't seem to get rid of your frustration. Actually, I feel irritated more than anything, but there's no need to go into detail. Aside from my irritation, I'm actually in a pretty good mood. So, let's get on with the mail, shall we?  First up is a peak at the ABC Journal that I made for a swap. We were instructed to create a journal and write the letter at the top, ABCD, etc. Then we had to write a word that we think describes our personality using each letter of the alphabet along with a sentence and a photo that showcased why.  Anyway, the most difficult thing about this challenge was narrowing each letter down to only one adjective.

 
Starting with the letter A, I chose the word ample.  The drawing to the left is something that I've been drawing for about 20 years.  It's varied slightly over the years, but I always feel like I am drawing my soul. The fire represents the passion and desires within me, the heart represents the love, and the half of a face is the public persona whereas, the missing side represents my deep private thoughts.  That is my interpretation currently. It could change with time.
 
 
Self explanatory!
 
 
Can you believe I made a mistake on the amount of years. It should read, 20 years because that's how long we will be married on our next anniversary in November.
 
 

 
 
 
 
I'm not shy, however, I am quiet and reserved a lot of the time.
 
 
We are all Worthy!
 
 
Lazy at home.
 
*******************************************************************
 
Incoming!
 
 
A Postcrossing from Ukraine.
The sender writes: Hello, JarieLyn! My name's Valentina I and my family live in small town in Ukraine, Kiev region. I'm 33. My favorite hobby is Postcrossing. I hope you like my card and stamps. Best wishes from Ukraine. Happy Postcrossing! Valentina.
 
I love the little splash of color on the umbrella.. It makes the image pop.
 
 
 
A Postcrossing from Germany.
The sender writes: Dear JarieLyn, my name is Dana, I am 17 and from a small town called Ahlen in Germany. Here's a recipe of my favorite dessert. You'll need:  500 g plain yogurt, 120 g sugar, 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar, 400 g whipping cream, a bit of lemon juice, 500 g berries (frozen). The trick is to prepare it one day before. Mix the yogurt, sugar, vanilla sugar and add a bit of lemon juice. Then whip the cream and fold it in. Now, you take a clean dishcloth and cover the inside of a colander with it. Put the colander in a bigger bowl and fill it with the yogurt mass. (have a look at my beautiful drawing so you an understand it better.) Leave it at a cool place over night. The  next day, you turn it out, put the pureed berries all around it and enjoy. Love Dana.
 
 
 
************************************************************
 
Outgoing!
 
 
This is a resend of a pen pal letter that came back to me. I have no idea why it came back. I had enough postage, the address was correct and so was the zip code. I just stuck it in a new envelope and my fingers are crossed that it reaches its destination in Georgia.
 
 
This train is headed to Michigan. It's a Postcrossing.
I write: Hi Pattie, I live in Las VEgas, NV with my husband. Boulder city is a quaint little town hwere gambling is not allowed. (just a short drive from LV) There are lots of little outdoor cafes. I love to come here and have a glass of wine and watch the passersby. It's very relaxing. Have a wonderful day.
 
 

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

You look far too young to have been married for 20 years!