Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Liberating, Monumental, Animated, Fat, Cool and a Happy Valentine

It's time to liberate my art. I finally got all of my postcards made via Moo.com and VistaPrint.com. I came up with 3 designs, two of which I've already posted. I think I will leave the third design as a surprise since the deadline for this project is March 15th.  Anyway, It was fun trying to create something by hand to put on postcards. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and I plan to keep doing it. Here is the envelope that is on it's way to Kat Eye Studio where the Liberate Your Art project was born.


I wish I had done something different on the envelope, but this is how it turned out.


The back of the envelope, sloppy, messy and hurried. But it's art, right?

In addition to the above envelope, I sent a couple of more postcrossings.


To: Barbara in Portugal
I write: Hello Barbara, I am a 50 year old woman living in Las Vegas, Nevada. It makes my heart happy to know that there are still young people like yourself who want to send and receive postcards & letters. I have a whole trunk full of correspondence that I have saved over the years. Every now & then I like to re-read what my friends wrote about when we were kids. Wishing you much happiness. <3 JarieLyn


To: Ameya in India
I write: Hello from Las Vegas where the sun is shining and casting a warmth which makes it feel like spring. I am dog sitting my sister's chow this week and we've already been for a walk in the park today. I love to just breathe in the air when I'm outdoors. the aroma of flowers and cherry blossoms are intoxicating and it makes my soul smile. <3 JarieLyn

My mailbox is finally starting to see some life. I recieved a big fat envelope from John in the Uk.



Inside was all kinds of mail deliciousness.  He sent me some vintage postcards as well as writing his letter on several different postcards.


7 beautiful postcards filled with a letter to me. 


Some of the other postcards that were in the envelope. Everything was so fun to look at and to read. They are all splendid, and it made my day.

Also, I received a piece of mail from my friend Deyanira.


A cute valentine card and an artsy note. She knows how much I love getting mail.

So in case you all are wondering how I spent Valentine's day here's the scoop. I'm sure you've all heard of couple's massage, right?  Well, that's not what we did, but it was similar. We had a tandem reiki session and it was the most amazing experience ever. My husband is not into the whole metaphysical, mystical, new age thing so my plan was to blindfold him and not let him know what I had in store. Well, I didn't blindfold him, but he went in blindly. He had no idea what we were doing.  I will skip over the little details but I will tell you that to my surprise he was totally feeling good and was open to doing it again sometime.  If you've never had a reiki session before, let me just say, that it is very relaxing. Some times you might experience things that make you question what happened, but it's all good. You don't need to believe in universal life force energy to reap the benefits. Anyway, my husband and I walked out feeling so peaceful and happy and we had a great rest of the day together. It was one of the best Valentine's Day I've ever had.







2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Very original St. Valentine, indeed! :D

Claire said...

Wow, what a postbag! I did Liberate Your Art last year - it was THE best organized swap I've ever been involved in! Most impressive :)
And thank you for your lovely blog comment today xx