Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Outgoing Mail

Good morning peeps. It is a gorgeous day here in Las Vegas, but even on the dreariest days I find beauty hiding in various places just waiting to be noticed. I went out and had some fun last night.


Michelle on the left and me on the right. We've been friends for 46 years. She lives in Central California and she and her fiance' decided to come to Vegas for a few days. We went out to dinner, then went on Fremont Street to experience all the craziness of the freaks, geeks, and tweeks. Seriously, we had a great time and I'm so glad I got to meet her fiance'. 

Now for the outgoing mail:


A letter to my friend Deyanira who lives in Texas.


A Postcrossing going to Svetlana in Russia.
I write: Dear Svetlana, I am a former private investigator turned housewife. I love being creative, especially through mail art and journaling. I have many hobbies including reading tarot cards, writing pen pals, traveling, photography, collecting piggy banks and much much more. I strive to learn something new every day. I hope you do too. Dream big. Have a great day. <3 JarieLyn


This is going to Karen in Florida.
I write: Hello Karen, I enjoyed reading your profile. It's been rainy here in Vegas the past two days, which I love. It was a beautiful day on Saturday, warm and sunny. My brother and his family surprised me by coming to town for their twin daughters jiu jitsu competition so my husband and I attended the match and then we all went to dinner afterward. It made for a great week-end. <3 JarieLyn


This is going to Anke in Germany.
I write: Hello Anke, the mint julep is the traditional drink of the Kentucky Derby. (horse race) My husband and I were lucky enough to attend the derby last year for our vacation and trying the mint julep was on my list of things to do. The drink was the most awful thing I have ever tasted, however, my taste buds were soon satisfied with another derby favorite, The Pink Lady. Now that was yummy. Be adventurous! <3 JarieLyn

***************************************************

Incoming:

A Postcrossing from Germany.
The sender writes: Dear JarieLyn, we are pretty much the same! I also love snail mail, I have a wonderful pen friend in Hong Kong. I like Chistmas and bright colours. I like all kins of music except heavey and hard head banging music. I love dogs (especially huskeys). Best wishes, Jasmin.




No comments: