Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Fulfillment

Today is Friday and yet, I thought it was Tuesday.
Following is two days worth of mail and let me tell you I got some good mail.
All mail is good, but I got a couple of unexpected surprises:
 
Like this box below from Becky.
 
 
I won't show you everything, but there were lots of paper goodies inside.
 
 
I love this ephemera.
But then again, I love anything that looks retro or vintage.
Honestly, I think I was reincarnated from another era.
 
In addition to what you see, there were many notecards, postcards, old photos, scraps of paper, etc.
I love that everything inside is something different.
 
I recall as a kid, there was this store we used to go to called Grant's.
They sold all kinds of toys and other things and they had grab bags that you could buy.
My sister and I loved the grab bags.
It was the excitement of not knowing what was inside and the anticipation of finding out.
That's kind of how I felt when going through Becky's gift of goodies.
It was very exciting and I did feel like a little kid again.
Thanks, Becky.
I loved everything inside and I definitely will put the items to good use.
 
 
Another surprise from a blog reader who found my address via Mailbox Happiness.
She made this postcard with her own photos.
It's very well done and shows some lovely places.
Quite beautiful, Mariska.
 
 
An official postcrossing card from Poland.
The sender writes:
Hello JarieLyn,
I'm a teenager from Poland.
This postcard shows beautiful place in our polish mountains, The valley of Five Ponds.
This photo shows the big pond. I hope you'll like it.
Best regards,
Natalia.
 
Yes, that is a big pond. It looks more like a river.
Thanks, Natalia. It's very pretty.
 
 
My first postcard from LR who found me via sendsomething.
She wrote a wonderful note on the back of the card.
I love this card.
 
 
This is a Christmas card from my mom's cousin.
But she's closer to my age than my mom's age.
 
 
This is such a cute card.
I'm not sure but I think someone that I sent a swap to sent this to me.
I have no clue who it is.
I log all of my mail and my swaps and I can't trace it.
I do however, seem to vaguely recall writing an envelope for this person.
Shame on me.
I love this card.
 
 
A thank you card  from our nephew's in-laws.
We met them for the first time in December and had dinner with them and our nephew and his wife.
Tucked inside this Thank You card was a $100.00 gift card for Outback restaurant.
It was a total surprise and very thoughtful.
 
 
A nice holiday card from my penpal Lisa.
And.....
she sent me this lovely postcard from La Papierre.
 
 
 
I adore this postcard.
I immediately went to Julie's Lapapierre.com shop and browsed.
An order from her shop is in my future.
 
 
Speaking of Julie, this card from her was in my mailbox today.
She has the neates handwriting ever.
Maybe I should practice my penmanship.
 
 
An official postcrossing card from Singapore.
I think it's a fabulous card of the city.
The sender writes:
Hi Jarielyn,
"If it comes from your heart, how can you fail?"
I love that last statement of yours.
Sorry could not find the card that you like.
I picked this as I was walking towards the subway going to work in Marina Bay; the area that you see in the postcard.
Singapore is a very small country and this area is one of the nicest spot that I'm proud to share with you!
Sincerely Azhari.
 
Very nice.
 
 
A letter and a card from my swap partner for six weeks of snail mail.
I received week one and two on the same day.
This card is one of the prettiest landscape cards I've ever seen.
This photo does not do it justice.
It really is beautiful.
And her letter was very nice too.
 
 
This is a really nice postcard from another swap I joined.
I'm not sure what the picture is of but it is quite beautiful.
 
Here's my outgoing for yesterday.
 
 
This is for a swap I joined called snail mail.
There are some paper goodies inside for my partner.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Belarus.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Georgia.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Germany.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Ukraine.
 
I had three things going out today but I forgot to photograph them.
 
I have lots of letters to reply to.
 
Have a wonderful evening.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Rissies Personal Blog said...

Hi dear Jarielyn,

I'm so glad you've received my card! And for your nice words! :) I'm glad you liked it.

Have a great last sunday of this year, on to the next year. :)

Hugs,
Mariska

Unknown said...

That's what I call Mailbox Happiness!

I'm happy Mariska wrote to you, she's lovely. ;)

Rissies Personal Blog said...

Oh thank you Angie!! :) You're lovely too! :)