Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Card Display

Here is a photo of the Christmas Cards I received this year. 
 
 
They cover my whole fireplace.
 
When I was a kid, I always admired my Grandpa and Grandma Philpott's collection of Christmas cards every year. They were the only people I knew who received so many cards. I wanted to be just like them with a large Chirstmas Card collection every year.
They had them displayed on top of their giant TV and I would look inside every single card and read what friends and loved ones would write inside. Most of their cards were from friends and family who lived far away so there was always some written updates inside.
 
To this day, when I send a card I always write some sort of note inside, even if I barely know the person...... I do my best to make it interesting for the recipient.
 
These cards will stay up until January 1st.
 
Next year, I will probably have to hang them on a door becuase I anticipate getting more.

1 comment:

The Artful Diva said...

Best wishes for a joyous, peace-filled and creative New Year!