Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Mail...........

I'm the only person I know who goes to the post office every single day.
 
 
I'm afraid I'll miss out on finding something like this in my mailbox.

 
Yeah, I know it will still be there waiting for me if I skip a day or two.
But I just can't help myself.
 
 
I knew this paper was coming and I wanted to greet it right away.
I wanted to touch it and feel the texture and imagine whose name would be at the top of this paper when I write my next letter.
I still haven't a clue.
This paper is courtesy of Derrick, and don't you just love the map envelope and the stamps too.
Thanks, Derrick.
 
I received two postcrossing cards today.
 
 
The first one from Germany.
It is so cute.
The sender writes:
Hey JarieLyn!
Best X-Mas wishes from Germany!
I just came back home from a short holiday in Finland.
It was nice and there was lots of snow.
(In Germany we have 13 degrees celcius today!!)
Take care,
Monika
 
 
I really love this card.
It comes from California.
The sender writes:
Hi JarieLyn
Hope you had a wonderful holiday.
I was a photographer with Elle mag years ago now I work with the airlines.
Hope you are well.
Happy Postcrossing.
Ron.
 
Here's what went out today.
 
 
This letter is for a swap on swap-bot.
 
 
A different swap.
 
 
And a different swap.
 
Three envelopes, three separate swaps.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Croatia.
 
 
This postcard is for a swap.
 
Same swap, different person.
 
That's it for today.
 
I still have a lot of letters to write.
 


3 comments:

Derrick said...

So glad it got there. Please enjoy :)

The Artful Diva said...

Your mailman must love his job!

Tanya said...

I love that envelope with a string!:)