Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Traveled in retro style from the Netherlands

Good morning my fellow snail mail lovers.
Yesterday was a postcrossing kind of day.
 
Here's what appeared in my box.
 
 
This Volkswagen Van took a road trip from the Netherlands all the way to Las Vegas, USA.
It's an official postcrossing card.
The sender writes:
Hi Jarie Lin
When you mentioned vintage cars I immediately found this card for you.
I think the picture brings back memoreies and is cute at the same time.
You just don't see this anymore today.
Pity.
Happy Postcrossing.
 
It certainly does bring back memories.
I went out with a guy who drove one of these, except when I dated him, he didn't have a car and I did all the driving. Yep, I've moved up in men since then.
 
 
An official postcrossing card from Germany.
The sender writes:
Hi there!
My name is Karen and I come from Germany.
In this card I tried to combine two of your fancies- shoes and vintage.
Hope you like it.
It's Friday and I am glaf the weekend is ahead of me.
I will relax and go to the zoo.
 
Yes, this certainly does fit my fancies.
I love this card and I love the quote too.
Thank you, Karen.
 
That was my only mail yesterday.
 
Here's what I sent out.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Finland.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Texas.
 
 
An official postcrossing card on its way to Germany.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
 
A pen pal letter.
 
I apologize for the crappy photos.
I tend to be a little lazy when I take photos with my phone.

No comments: